Sheffield City Council have opened their web portal for the Government's COVID-19 business support grants, so get your application started now!
As a Sheffield business with many local customers we're keen to support the local economy and keep as many Sheffield businesses going through this crisis as possible.
So if you meet the criteria (see below) then it's time to get claiming!
Before you jump in, though, you'll need your evidence ready, such as:
- VAT Registration number
- your company number, as regsitered with Companies House
- if you are self employed, your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) Number
You will also need to provide:
- your business rates account number
- your bank details
- evidence of your business bank account, this can be a scan or photo of your statement or any bank letter
Applications can still be made if you do not have one or more of these, but this may delay the processing of your grant.
What Coronavirus grants are available?
- £10,000 for businesses in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief
- £10,000 for retail, hospitality or leisure businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less
- £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
Is my business eligible?
- grants apply to business properties only and are not per business.
- it is not possible to receive two grants per property.
- properties occupied for personal use are not eligible.
- retail, leisure and hospitality grants are only available to all businesses that receive the Expanded Retail Discount with a rateable value of less than £51,000.
- businesses that were in liquidation or were dissolved as of 11 March are not eligible.
- your business was not in difficulty as of 31st December 2019
One2Call is is offering tools and tech to help business keep working through lockdown for free:
Home Working Communications Platform
- Free for 3 years.
- Unlimited users.
- Web and smartphone apps
- Voice, video, chat, screen share and web conference.