This role will be based from our offices in southern Sheffield.
One2Call supports it’s SME partners by providing high-quality technology services and solutions that help them to grow their businesses. This includes managed IT and cloud, online and offline security, connectivity and communications solutions, amongst others.
Our customers continually highlight the following when asked about why they like One2Call:
- Our speed of response
- The friendliness and knowledge of our engineers
- The ability to speak directly with support engineers.
This role will be critical to our continuing to excel in these areas.
This position will provide technical support to One2Call’s customers via phone, email and our Connectwise and by utilising our cloud control dashboards and secure remote sessions with the end-user.
This will include providing fault-finding and triage on various end-user IT incidents, and doing so in a timely and friendly manner, so both technical knowledge and interpersonal skills are essential.
You will also provide support on larger projects in the setup, configuration and testing prior to on-site installation.
Whatever the task, a desire to provide exceptional customer service at all times should be your driving force.
- Provide 1st Line Service Desk support for incidents related to hardware, software, network connectivity and application services to a wide variety of external customers.
- Manage and own incident tickets via our ticket management system, providing customer updates to agreed timeframes.
- Triage and resolve incidents to within the customer’s defined service levels.
- Escalation of high severity issues to 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner with all customers.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation within the centralised management database.
- Provide any on-site support to resolve customer service outages as required to meet SLA’s.
- Provide appropriate support to project teams to ensure the timely and successful completion of installation projects.
- Support initial client contact via our ticketing system, email or telephone contact.
- Continue to develop technical knowledge through formal training, informal training and hands-on practical experience.
- Minimum Level 3 IT qualification and 1 years’ experience in a 1st Line role within a service desk environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Virtual environments (VMWare), SQL Server, MS Windows, Networking LAN, WAN, VPN and Wireless, Active Directory, Antivirus.
- Cloud-hosted Microsoft 365 skills required.
- Microsoft Exchange and Outlook management skills desired.
- Knowledge of Data Backups and schedules including VEAAM and Cloud hosted services.
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; professional telephone manner.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge preferred or certification would be desirable.
- Patience, ability to work under pressure and good organisational skills
- The ability and desire to develop the role and make it your own
One2Call puts Customer Service at the heart of what it does, and our engineers are a core part of this.
This means you must be approachable and courteous with a professional appearance, but most of all use your knowledge and experience to ensure the customer feels reassured that their business is in safe hands. Our industry moves fast, so you must have a desire to learn new things and be able to apply them in the field. To help with this all our engineers are trained regularly on new services and systems.