How do I browse and work safely?
There is an easy route to 100% effective cyber security – don’t use the internet!
But that’s not an option, so what we as users and businesses have to do is try and ensure the work environment is a safe as possibly can be.
For users, this means creating an environment in which they feel confident to utilise the websites and services they need to be effective. For the business this means enabling this, whilst ensuring the business, it’s assets and it’s data, is kept safe from criminal attacks and data breaches.
In this module, we’ll look at how we can make this happen.
What does adequate online protection look like?
But not just any antivirus. Free antivirus is not worth the money you’re not paying. When you pay for a solution, you’re paying the extra levels of vigilance modern antivirus requires, such as:
- Real-time scanning and protection
- Virus definitions automatically updated (in response to new threats)
- Device-level Firewall to monitor internet traffic to & from your computer.
- Secure web-browsing via protective plugin
- Protection against keystroke logging attacks.
A powerful antivirus that doesn’t slow down your device is essential to properly protecting users as they browse.
We can help:
Learn more about our business-grade Antivirus.
Malware, Ransomware and Spyware protection.
Such is the threat and risk to businesses Antimalware should really be dealt with separately to Antivirus with its own dedicated solution. Antivirus and Antimalware are covered separately as part of the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials standard.
Whilst Antivirus is a general tool to help prevent attacks of all kinds, your dedicated Malware prevention solution should be doing something a bit different:
- Real-time scanning for specific Malware threats.
- Instantly updated threat definitions
- Real-time forensics across entire environment to detect buried or dormant attacks.
- AI-powered Behavioural detection – detects suspicious activity beyond threat definitions.
- Quarantining of infected files – stops spread and ensures deletion won’t be harmful
- Rollback and remediation to undo damage from infected files.
Because of the aggressive nature of ransomware attacks and the potential cost and disruption to your business, consider investing in a Ransomware Protection solution with a financially-backed guarantee
We can help:
Ransomware Protection with a financially-backed guarantee.
It’s important to remember that modern workers are unlikely to use the same desktop PC as their only device. From laptops and mobiles to tablets and terminals, it’s important to be able to apply the same level of protection against them all.
Endpoint Protection helps you apply this protection regardless of device.
Some of the key features that businesses will need from their Endpoint Protection solution includes:
- Applicable to a wide range of devices and operating systems
- Central management dashboard and alerting.
- Monitoring for incoming threats, blocking and removing them.
- Block access to, copying and transferring of sensitive files or data
- Signature detection – scanning for known characteristics of malicious files
- Behaviour detection – looks for suspicious behaviour associated with known malware
- Application controls – prevents execution of known malicious applications.
- Antivirus & anti-malware – detects and removes malware, worms, trojans, adware and other threats.
- Real-time auto updates – protects against new threats as soon as they are discovered.
- On-access scanning – checks every file before it is opened.
- Lightweight and efficient – space and processor hogging software affects productivity and responds slowly.
Many solutions will also keep your devices safe even if they’re lost or stolen by allowing device location details, or even remote wipe.
We can help:
We’ll configure the best Endpoint Protection solution from Microsoft, Cisco and more.
Web Content Filtering.
Web Content Filtering reduces your overall exposure from internet use by restricting access to certain websites.
Adult or gambling sites aren’t allowed in most workplaces anyway, but they are also amongst the most risky sites when it comes to cyber security.
Content filtering services allow you to control centrally what kinds of websites can be accessed to not only make your business more secure, but also to prevent workers from being distracted by online games or social media sites.
Firewalls, at both the device and network level, are essential for keeping your business safe.
We already discussed what makes a good firewall in our Hardware section. You can read more about it here.
I now understand…
- How to keep myself and my colleagues safe while browsing.
Request for your
Cyber Summmer FREEBIES
James, Proove Restaurant
Very helpful, did exactly what I needed.
Steve Garbett, Jaxson Wolf
Very helpful, good staff. they do what they say they can do and on time. they also go the extra mile for the customer which is very refreshing.
Pete Richardson, DALP
Always provide very prompt support. Excellent.